Choosing the Right Affiliate Management Team
Merchants looking to hire an affiliate manager would do well to consider the following suggestions.
- Seek the opinions of industry experts and thought leaders. Ask about prospective management teams.
- Ask the prospective manager how they work to protect your other e-commerce channels.
- Ask the prospective manager how they monitor for fraud, paid search violations, and unfair practices by affiliates.
- Observe how a prospective manager publicly communicates with affiliates and current clients. Observe their social media habits. Determine if their values are in alignment with yours.
- Ask the prospective manager the number of programs managed by each manager in the organization. A high client-to-manager ratio makes it difficult for a manager to pay much attention to any one program; worse, it can mean that most of the focus will be on one or two programs while many others languish.
- Ask the prospective manager about the average length of a client contract or client lifespan. The client-to-agency ratio should be high; while turnover is a fact of life for every agency, short lifespans can be an indicator of problem management.
That is affiliate program management.
According to Apogee.